And away we go!! This is my very first blog, and I have to say I am incredibly nervous! I never thought of myself as a “blogger” but after much convincing by some wonderfully supportive friends I have finally decided to enter into the blogosphere! Eeek!
2 3/4 cups of flour
3 Tbs ground ginger
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
10 Tbs butter at room temperature (it equals out to be 1 stick plus 2 extra Tbs)
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
3 eggs at room temperature
1 1/4 cup molasses
1 cup hot water
6. Scoop the batter into the muffin cups using an ice cream scoop and filling almost to the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (start checking at 15 minutes.) Transfer to a rack and cool completely.
Apple Cider Cream Cheese Frosting ingredients:
8 oz (or 1 block) cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup / 1 stick of butter
1-2 tbs apple cider
dash of cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
4-5 cups icing sugar
(I was so busy creating that I forgot to take pictures of my making of the icing but I do have one for you :))
1. Cream together cream cheese and butter together.
2. Slowly add icing sugar to the cream cheese/butter mixture
3. Add apple cider. Start with 1 tbs and add more to achieve the consistency desired.
4. Last but not least add cinnamon and nutmeg.
Frost your cupcakes and garnish with cinnamon and you are good to go!